[Fedora-livecd-list] Patch for BZ# 509427

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:05:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I see this is just the general bind umount. So probably the problem is
> something pinning one of the bind mounts. That should go away on exit
> and then the deferred umounts should all get processed. I need to review
> the original bug to check that, but I think that is what I remember now.

This is about exactly what is happenning when an exception bubbles up and
a bind mount has already been set, especially when we get into
buildTransaction()
this will always occur if we don't use a lazy umount.

To reproduce the problem reliably, just enter a nonreachable
repository in a kickstart
file and you should get a screen full starting with unable to find
repository which is normal, to twice trying to unmount and nopt being
able to plus a traceback because of it.

> I'll look at getting this committed tomorrow after I have had some sleep.
> I suspect we probably want to keep the bug open as this isn't a fix of
> the root cause and as long as we think that is possible / practical we
> should keep it open.

Sounds like a fine idea.