[Fedora-livecd-list] size of device on which anaconda lays down a filesystem?

paul.armor at usbank.com paul.armor at usbank.com
Thu Jul 29 22:36:16 UTC 2010

Hi,
while working on creating some images, I've encountered something strange
and was wondering if anyone could help?  This relates to iso's created
with livecd-tools-013-8.el5.1 from epel.

I've been playing with making .ks's for machines of different
characteristics (like different amounts of memory installed).  I'd assumed
I'd need to make images with defined fs's of <= installed system memory. I
was surprised to find I did not?  I was able to boot an image w/ an 8GB /
on a machine with 4GB memory.  I encountered problems if I used more than
1GB of fs space on /.

So I created an image with a 3GB /, and tried the same test on the same
machine with 4GB memory, but encountered the same problem if I tried to
use >1GB of /.

It's like the block device that lives under the filesystem isn't actually
"as big" as the fs that's layed down on top of it?

I get I/O errors, and kjournald complaining about not being able to talk
to the device; and then the kernel drops / to read-only.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.