[Fedora-livecd-list] Help! groupadd can't write to /etc/group during installation (was: /etc/inittab missing)

Joshua C. joshuacov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:41:49 UTC 2012

2012/11/14 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 18:34:02 +0100,
>   "Joshua C." <joshuacov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> As I said: SELinux should be in permissive mode:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_a_Live_CD (in the
>> middle of the site).
>

> That isn't a good source for the intent, but more of a practical guide. That
> very well might have been a needed work around at the time that
> documentation was written. I know I have built lots of livecd images in
> enforcing mode. I haven't done it recently though, so there could be an
> issue currently.

I agree. As I wrote, this "feature" was introduced sometimes during
f16 and I don't like it either but curently this is the only way to
build a livecd. File a bug if you want to.

Since selinux needs to relable the fs at the end I don't know if if
can do this (as well as installing the rpms on the target-fs) from a
user account.

--
--joshua