[Fedora-livecd-list] Help! groupadd can't write to /etc/group during installation (was: /etc/inittab missing)

Joshua C. joshuacov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:13:47 UTC 2012

2012/11/14 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 18:41:49 +0100,
>   "Joshua C." <joshuacov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Since selinux needs to relable the fs at the end I don't know if if
>> can do this (as well as installing the rpms on the target-fs) from a
>> user account.
>

> I remember Dan doing some work on the relabelling part a while back so that
> the rules used for the live image didn't need to match those of the host
> system. (So you didn't need to use mock to build an image.) I don't know if
> you can do it as a normal user though. I usually build images as root and
> haven't tried as a normal user in a very long time.

I do them as a normal user and get errors about missing files when
selinux isn't in permissive mode. I don't know what provoked this
change but I know that anaconda installs the system in permissive
mode, too. It's logical since only root should be able to do this...
And since anacanda is actually installing a system when creating the
livecd it's censequent that it'll need the permisive mode. Maybe this
was done to facilitate using the same version of anaconda for creating
real installation images and livecds.

I don't know if this really quallifies as a bug.

--
--joshua