[Fedora-livecd-list] What are UEFI and Windows 10 implications for Live CD?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Mar 24 01:39:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,

There are rumors flying about that SOF (Son-of-Frankenstein,
a.k.a. Windows 10) will be locking itself into  UEFI bios so
that you can not boot into other operating systems.

If this is the case, what are the implications to Live
CD/USB?

Will we not be able to boot off of Live to do maintenance
on SOF?

Do I misunderstand how UEFI lock works?  Will it only lock
you out of the hard drive for booting purposes?

And, if you can still boot off of Live, will the lock
keep you out of doing maintenance on the hard drive?

Many thanks,
-T