[Fedora-livecd-list] naive user problems

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu May 28 02:00:32 UTC 2015

| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com>

| So I did it again with "non-destructive".  After an hour, it is still
| stuck at 99% installing bootloader.

I left it for a bunch more hours.  I try to close its window: no
luck.  The ps command tells me that it has taken 100% CPU (only one
core, but still) all this time (about 10 hours of CPU).

This is not good behaviour.

strace says that it is in a single futex(nnn, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 0,
NULL) syscall now, so I don't understand the 100% CPU.

FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE isn't a documented op for futex(2).  FUTEX_WAIT
doesn't look as if it should eat CPU.