Fedora 18 Release Readiness Meeting :: Thursday, Jan. 03, 19:00 UTC (2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 21:25:07 UTC 2013

#fedora-meeting-1: F18 Final Readiness Meeting

Meeting started by jreznik at 20:09:50 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2013-01-03/f18-final-readiness-meeting.2013-01-03-20.09.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* BIG APOLOGY for one+ hour delay  (jreznik, 20:12:20)
* Purpose of this meeting  (jreznik, 20:12:31)
  * "Before each public release all of the groups participating the
    development of Fedora's next release meet to make sure the release
    is well coordinated."  (jreznik, 20:12:45)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Readiness_Meetings
    (jreznik, 20:12:53)

* Current status  (jreznik, 20:13:03)
  * on the Go/No-Go meeting it was decided to slip one week with release
    date on Tue 2012-01-15 and Go/No-Go meeting on Wed 2012-01-09
    (jreznik, 20:13:53)

* Ambassadors  (jreznik, 20:14:08)
  * sesivany apologies, he had to leave, will send status offline
    (jreznik, 20:15:37)

* Design  (jreznik, 20:16:11)
  * ryanlerch took care of the website banners for release day and
    passed them over to the websites team  (jreznik, 20:18:35)
  * sleeve and disc designs available, ryan put together foldable
    print-at-home versoins of the sleeves  (jreznik, 20:19:21)
  * modifications to the sleeve/disc designs for the european
    ambassadors are still needed, should be quick  (jreznik, 20:19:54)
  * if any other team is waiting on us for anything let design team know
    (jreznik, 20:20:16)

* Documentation  (jreznik, 20:20:59)
  * Release Notes still being tweaked, but will be ready for release
    (bcotton, 20:21:31)
  * Install Guide nearing completion (in en-US)  (bcotton, 20:21:45)
  * User Guide status currently unknown  (bcotton, 20:21:55)
  * Release Announcement nearing completion. Should be off to marketing
    for final polish soon.  (bcotton, 20:22:46)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_announcement
    (zoglesby, 20:23:16)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_announcement
    (bcotton, 20:23:18)

* FESCo  (jreznik, 20:26:22)
  * FESCo is ready, no blocking features nirik is aware of  (jreznik,
    20:28:09)

* Fedora Engineering Manager  (jreznik, 20:28:28)
  * Fedora Engineering Manager raised nothing except obvious blockers
    (jreznik, 20:30:12)

* Fedora Project Leader  (jreznik, 20:30:25)
  * Fedora Project Leader raised nothing except past several hours
    content of Go/No-Go meeting (and no muffins)  (jreznik, 20:31:58)

* Infrastructure  (jreznik, 20:32:54)
  * should be all ready to stage content when there is some ready
    (jreznik, 20:34:33)
  * primary I2 mirror is still down, but the secondary one we have setup
    is working fine  (jreznik, 20:34:43)

* Marketing  (jreznik, 20:35:28)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_announcement
    (suehle, 20:37:19)
  * zoglesby, and suehle have been working on the release announcement,
    and it just needs some features content, which rbergeron said she'd
    help with  (jreznik, 20:38:59)
  * jreznik to rephrase F19 release part  (jreznik, 20:39:32)

* QA  (jreznik, 20:39:57)
  * QA need to get an RC built and validated + commonbugs updated
    (jreznik, 20:41:13)

* Release Engineering  (jreznik, 20:41:41)
  * Release Engineering is ready  (jreznik, 20:44:39)

* Translation  (jreznik, 20:45:01)

* Websites  (jreznik, 20:48:54)
  * all the design stuff for the F18 release is ready  (jreznik,
    20:50:38)
  * just need to receive keys and ISO sizes when building ISO  (jreznik,
    20:50:54)
  * robyduck to coordinate with nirik  (jreznik, 20:51:04)

* open floor  (jreznik, 20:52:36)

Meeting ended at 20:58:28 UTC.

Action Items
------------