Fedora 18 Release Readiness Meeting :: Thursday, Jan. 03, 19:00 UTC (2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific)

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 10:16:18 UTC 2013

Because my email got bounced back yesterday. I'm sending it again:

Jaroslav Reznik píše v St 02. 01. 2013 v 08:30 -0500:
> Hi!
> After the holiday's break, let's continue with the effort to release our
> beloved Spherical Cow!
>
> Fedora 18 Release Readiness Meeting.
>
> date: 2013-01-03
> place: irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting-1
> time: 19:00 UTC (2 PM Eastern, 11 AM Pacific, 20:00 CET)
>
> This Thursday, January 03, we will meet to make sure we are coordinated
> and ready for the public release of Fedora 18 on Tuesday, January 08, 2013.
> Please note that this meeting will occur on January 03 *even if the release
> is delayed at the Go/No-Go meeting on the same day two hours earlier.*
>
> This meeting works best when we have representatives from all of the
> teams, so we'll be looking for the following people to attend or send a
> representative in their place.
>
> We will meet in #fedora-meeting-1 because of conflict in IRC meeting
> channel schedules.
>
> Ambassadors -- Jiri Eischmann
> Design -- Máirín Duffy
> Documentation -- Ben Cotton
> FESCo -- Kevin Fenzi
> Fedora Engineering Manager -- Tom "Spot" Callaway
> Fedora Project Leader -- Robyn Bergeron
> Infrastructure -- Kevin Fenzi
> Marketing -- Ruth Suehle
> Quality -- Adam Williamson
> Release Engineering -- Dennis Gilmore
> Translation -- Noriko Mizumoto
> Websites -- Kévin Raymond
>
> Thanks
> Jaroslav

Hi,
sorry I couldn't attend. The meeting got delayed and I'd had to leave
before it started.

Ambassadors are ready for the release. There are quite a few release
parties scheduled: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_events
What complicates our work is big uncertainty when F18 will be released.
AFAIK we won't make the 8th and there are several parties schedules
right after that. I think their organizers should know ASAP the new
release date to reschedule the parties.

What I'd like to ask for is building ISOs for multidesktop and 32/64bit
installation DVDs ASAP after F18 is declared gold. We need to deliver
F18 media to ambassadors ASAP to get them to release parties, every day
matters and this time we decided to let QA test the ISOs which will add
1-2 more days to the process. Having the ISOs available as soon as they
can be built would be great.

Jiri