F14 LXDE spin lxdm-greeter does not go anywhere....

Christoph Wickert cwickert at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 2 21:05:31 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 10:17 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> Hi,
>
> Just installed Fedora 14 LXDE spin on my trusty IBM T61 Thinkpad laptop.
>
> It was a clean install, however after install, I can not get beyond the
> login screen.
>
> Here is what happens:
>

> I input my user name for the Username:
> hit enter
> and then my password next to Password:
>
> Both go away, but the big Login screen does not. (Basically nothing
> happens). Hitting the quit button to reboot/shutdown causes a flashback
> to the first login screen (and then the above process is repeated with
> amazing regularity).
>
> Going in to console mode and logging in shows lxdm-greeter as a process
> running. Nothing else is out of the ordinary.

So you can login on the console with the same username and password?

> Any suggestions?

Boot with SELinux disabled to see if it is the culprit. When the grub
prompt appears, hit a key to get to the menu. Then select your kernel
and hit "e" to edit. Select the line starting with "kernel=...", hit "e"
again and add "enforcing=0" to the end of the line. Then press "b" to
boot.

If it is a SELinux Problem, please tell me what version of
selinux-policy is installed.

Regards,
Christoph