[fedora-my] Making a talk together

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 9 05:05:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Truong Anh. Tuan
> <tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:
>> Hi KageSenshi,
>>
>> I have just changed a bit in your 2nd talk [1].
>>
>> I think we should make this talk together. I can share my experience to be a package maintainer at the early time: how to get started, how to keep in touch with mentor/sponsor.
>> That would encourage more people to join into package maintainers team, show them how easy to be a Fedora package maintainer.
>
> Hi Tuanta,
>
> You can take over the talk :-), I put mine there originally to fill in
> the blanks, but it would really help if someone else take the talks as
> that will allow me to focus on running the event. Experience from
> plenty of conferences I helped, I tend to not have time to be in the
> tracks, but hopefully with more volunteers, the load will be less.
>
> I'm currently planning to highlight talks related to Fedora subteams
> in the conference flyers, Bckurera will be talking about the design
> team. So maybe you can talk about the Packaging team :) .. the
> highlighted talks will be used in the slots for Day 2, which is the
> non-barcamp conference day.
>
> A workshop on packaging also will be a great Packager Team highlights
> for the sunday barcamp .. Bckurera, you might want to have workshop on
> designing stuff on Fedora on sunday to promote Design Team stuff :) ..
>
> I'm also looking for people to be represent the other team in the
> highlights, Ambassadors, Documentation, and Translation team
> especially :), do suggest some people/topics :-)

Hello

Sure thing, I think think arranging a workshop (for maximum 2-3 hrs
may be) would be good.
We can touch them and we can show them to the beginners, for ppl
outside the Fedora.
I like to assist with introducing, talking about sub teams.