Self Introduction: Nelson Marques

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:40:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
>>   And great work on the release notes, they are awesome. Like I said on
>> the IRC yesterday, we should also have a smaller flier for download for
>> not so technical people, oriented for mainstream users. Lets not do this
>> for F13, as we are short on time, but we can start thinking on to do it
>> for 14. :)
>
> We talked about this briefly on IRC yesterday, but the One Page Release
> Notes[0] seem similar to your description - see
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_one_page_release_notes for the
> last release's version (scroll to the very bottom for links to pdfs and
> svg sources thanks to Mo and the Design Team, as well as translations).
>
> We'll be doing these again for F13, so if there's something we can do to
> improve them, please do jump in and tinker! I'd be curious to hear what
> the differences are between the One Page Release Notes we did for F12,
> and the thing you're thinking about.
>
> It's months to general availability of the final F13 release, we have
> plenty of time. ;) *knocks on wood*
>
> --Mel
>
> [0] actually, I've been thinking about changing the name back to "Tour"
> - much shorter, but it's different from the past deliverable by the same
> name... anyway.

We have time dedicated to making some standardized branded templates
for assorted pretty press materials / deliverables, and I think we
were actually going to draft up the one-page notes at Mktg FAD (I may
have it mixed up with a different deliverable, though).  I hate to
call it Tour though since we have Fedora Tour in the pipeline.  I
wonder if there's something clever we could call it that isn't quite
as clinical sounding as "One-page release notes", but isn't Tour :)

FAD is only 2+ weeks away! How time flies.