[In the news] Counting the Cost of Free: What Value, Linux?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:38:23 UTC 2010

Hi

http://eftu.co.cc/counting-the-cost-of-free-what-value-linux/

"Bentley: Why the Fedora community distribution and not another?

McPherson: Fedora is the basis for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, which
represents a large percentage of the Linux market. This provided us with
a very relevant model to assess. Also, David A. Wheeler had used Red Hat
for his study in 2002. OpenSuse and Debian/Ubuntu would, of course, also
be great targets for this study. We may do that at a later date. We also
would like to use an embedded distribution."

Rahul