application for fedora marketing team --reg

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:04:01 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 02:53 PM, praveen raj wrote:

> Hi, my name is Praveen raj and I live in India. My Fedora Account
> System (FAS) username is pravenraj, and my IRC nick is praven__ .
>

> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through my friends, and am
> interested in joining because I’m a FOSS Enthusiastic. I’m president
> for an FOSS community called freecodeclub and given many talks on Open
> Source and especially fedora. I’m a REDHAT
>
> Certified engineer.
>

> For past three to four years i have been marketing open source
> software to many schools and colleges. I like to utilize my skills in
> fedora because one of my favorite Linux operating system is fedora. I
> like to see each and every desktops and servers running fedora and
> other open source software.
>

> Please help me get started!

Welcome to Fedora Marketing.  We do a number of things and you can just
jump in and get started on any of them.  Ask for help when needed.  Here
are some ideas to get started:

*  Watch for media articles on Fedora and post them here.  Tag them as
[In the news]
*  Help write announcements and talking points
*  Do interviews with developers on the upcoming features in Fedora 15
*  Prepare a marketing presentation for Fedora 15

Rahul