The Inquirier on F17

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:02:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 02:03:19AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 03:27 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >Red Hat people who contribute to Fedora are community too.  There's
> >not a dividing line with the community on one side, and Red Hat on the
> >other.
>
> I beg the differ for one example from within our community why does
> Red Hat feel the need to appoint four members on the board if all
> members of the community are considered equal Red Hat or otherwise?

Since the FPL has appointed three of those seats to volunteers and
only one to someone who's a Red Hat employee, I'm not sure how this is
relevant.  Looking at the Board history for those seats[1] one can see
half the appointments since mid-2008 have been volunteers.  Also of
note is the fact that half the people elected by the community since
that time have also been volunteers.  So the appointments don't look
slanted toward Red Hat employees AFAICT, which is just as intended.

We can agree to disagree on your overall point, that's fine.  I just
wanted to point out the facts don't support an effort to stack the
Board with Red Hat people.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History