[commops] End of Year Marketing Retrospective

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:33:11 UTC 2015

Hello Remy (and all mktg guys),

Il giorno mar, 15/12/2015 alle 02.41 -0500, Remy DeCausemaker ha
scritto:
> mktgs,
>
> Across the Project, one of the tools we use to get better at what
> wedo
> is a Retrospective. This is a report compiled by contributors that
> more or less lists the things that went well/not-so-well, and ideas
> for improvement. You can find examples on the wiki (QA has some
> recent
> pages like https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_QA_Retrospective
> and https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_Retrospective)
>
> Marketing Retrospectives were once based upon SOPs (Standard
> Operating
> Procedures) for doing marketing tasks like creating the
> alpha/beta/final
> announcements, briefing ambassadors, and other interesting and
> crucial
> work. Some are a bit dated, but you can find them here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Marketing_SOPs

Yes, that's right, in particular the SOP page for retrospective is [1]
and I would have done the retrospective, but really was busy so I miss
the date, but thank you for heading this up.
As the F23 mktg tasks shows [2], it was due in November. I'm going to
open a mktg ticket for regain the time lost, and work on it soon (in
fact we have a bit of time before before a new F24 task happens).

> Since we didn't totally stick to an SOP for releases this year, we're
> just going to gather extra 'after the fact' feedback and data to make
> improvements to our process, going back to Fedora 22 when possible.
>
> Here are a few questions we'd like to take a stab at answering on our
> wiki page:
>
>  - What did we do right?
>  - What can we do better?
>  - Where did we have gaps?
>  - How did we bridge them?
>
> After we've gotten this retrospective fleshed out, we'd like to
> reinstate regular mktg meetings on IRC in early 2016. Keep an eye on
> the lists for updates.

Agreed, I had the same thought. Honestly I'd like to clarify some
questions inside the mktg just like how many of us are working on
magazine and how many on tasks?
I'd like shooting mails to mktg people joined the FAS group asking for
a better engagement along the tasks time. It is not possible the "usual
suspects" are the only members working on.

> If folks have any questions about this email, or additional questions
> they think would provide value to the retrospective, please update
> the
> wiki before Friday 12/18 (or even just respond here, and commops will
> update the wiki from this thread.)
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/2015_marketing_retrospective

We have a mktg page [3] reporting the main links to the  pages, it
renews automatically every cycle, so the new pages should be opened
following those red links.
Wiki is really messed up and mktg part probably more than others, and
we should try to get it tidy.

Thank you very much.

Gabri

> [snip]