[commops] working on f23 final release announcement

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:20:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 04:58:19PM -0400, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
>> I, however, have never created a Final release announcement, and am
>> not entirely sure what all goes into officially making one, other
>> than this list of general tasks here:
>> https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-23/f-23-marketing-tasks.html
>
> In the past, it's been either a collaborative effort of marketing, and
> in other times, it's been the inspired pen of the FPL. See for example
> this:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_release_announcement
>
> which, let's be honest, we will never top.

To be fair:
* FC5 (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-March/msg00027.html)
* F6 (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-October/msg00008.html)
* F7 (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-May/msg00009.html)
* F9 (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-May/msg00007.html)
* F11 (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-June/msg00006.html)

... were all outstanding.

F8 may still be my favorite:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-November/msg00006.html

I am guessing F10 was awesome too, but I can't find that one.

:)

-robyn