bluetooth help

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Sat Dec 10 05:46:12 UTC 2011

Has anyone used Bluetooth devices with MinGW compiled programs?

I can perform a bluetooth scan and I can see devices, but calling
connect() fails with a bad port/address message. I have a valid
bluetooth address that I have verified exists in the address structure
with a hex dump. I also know the bluetooth device is reachable in
Windows as I can use PuTTY to connect to the COM port and talk to the
device just fine.

It seems like the connect doesn't even try to reach the device as I have
tried to connect when the device is not paired in windows and I never
receive a pair prompt. Pairing the device manually doesn't help connect
work though.

I have run out of ideas to what the cause of the failure is and Windows
documentation is very lacking.

Thanks for any help,
Michael