mingw23-SDL_mixer can't open audio device?

Christopher Thielen chris at epiar.net
Mon Sep 5 04:07:50 UTC 2011

This is the simplest program I could find that uses waveOutOpen()
directly:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=4422&lngWId=3 (first code listing)

it fails to open the audio device.

The buggy functionality likely resides within MinGW's winmm
implementation, though again, this works on MinGW installed directly on
Windows, just not cross-compiled under Fedora.

Any ideas? Does this work for someone else?