Tutorial for cross-compiling?

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Mon Jun 18 18:34:17 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am running Fedora 17, and I am a bit confused about how can I use the
cross-compiler tools to build executables for both Win32 & Win64.

In the documents, I found this:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Mingw-w64_cross_compiler ,
which states that Fedora 17 contains a new toolchain (Mingw-w64), which
can build both 64 & 32 bit windows binaries.

However, I can find only one package named after mingw-w64, and many
named after mingw-32 & mingw-64. Are these the "old" toolchain?

Is there a tutorial available on what to install and how to use the
windows cross-compiler?
I haven't managed to find anything recent.

Thanks,

George