Need some help with libusb-compat

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 03:08:19 UTC 2013

>After a lot of hand patching from various sources google pointed me to
>I can now get [libusb-compat[ to build an RPM but it will not build
>the shared library with libtool complaining about:
>
>libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
>x86_64-w64-mingw32 shared libraries
>
>From what I can gather from my searching, this is likely a bug in
>libtool but no amount of -no-undefined or -Wl,--no-undefined has
>gotten it to work for me.
>
>Anyone have a tip?

I remember running into this a lot, back when I was making several MinGW packages.
I was hoping to remember how I did this, but no luck.
You've added "-no-undefined" in the right places...my vague memory is that the rest of the problem involved the package using their own libtool, instead of what was installed on the system, and that the real problem was that the private libtool didn't recognize x86_64 libraries.  Is this only happening with the mingw64 build?  If so, try this after running mingw_configure in your .spec file:

sed -i 's|file format pe-i386(\.\*architecture: i386)?|file format pe-x86-64|g' build_win64/libtool
sed -i 's|file format pei\*-i386(\.\*architecture: i386)?|file format pe-x86-64|g' build_win64/libtool

If not...sorry, I know I used to know how to get around this.

Steven Boswell