banshee crashs and mono-zeroconf update

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 00:29:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim
<michael.silvanus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Christian Krause
> <chkr at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> So we have two options:
>> - get the bonjour support working in mono-zeroconf [1]
>> or
>> - remove the bonjour support so that solely the AvahiDBus provider is in
>> the mono-zeroconf package
>>
>> Somehow I tend to the 2nd option since it has less dependencies. ;-)
>>
> Considering our Bonjour is actually Avahi's compatibility interface
> anyway, and not the real thing, I'd say that solely using avahi (once
> it's fixed) and AvahiDBus would be much safer.

OK, an update:
- mono-zeroconf's AvahiDBus provider uses a bundled copy of ndesk-dbus, that
  Aaron Brockover patched a few months after the latest stable release
- there has been no ndesk-dbus release since (and SUSE actually ships an older
  version than we do!)
- I've backported Aaron's changes, and they seem to be safe (F-spot
still works).

I'm currently chain-building an ndesk-dbus/zeroconf/banshee update for
Rawhide (F-13); if nothing breaks I'll build them for F-12 and try and
get them manually pushed. A bit annoying as we are dealing with three
packages here...

--
Michel Alexandre Salim