[Fedora-packaging] should I include tests in the package?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 14:09:34 UTC 2012

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Germ=E1n_A=2E_Racca=22?= <german.racca at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm the packager of APLpy: http://aplpy.github.com/
> I'm going to update it to a new version, which comes with a set of
> tests, but I'm not sure about what to do with them.

I think you do want to make the tests available to users, but they don't
necessarily have to be part of the base package.
If the tests are large relative to the base package, a fairly common
solution is to split them out into a sub-package, say aplpy-test.

(This is in addition to running them during the build.)

			regards, tom lane