[Distutils] SOLVED: bdist_rpm and pre-release python packages / eggs (was: pre-release versioning problems with sdist, bdist_rpm , bdist_debian)

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Fri Mar 13 16:41:43 UTC 2009

I told you to STOP WRITING TO ME.

Setuptools IS NOT the cause of the invalid prerelease RPMs, it is the
DEVELOPERS OF PYTHON PACKAGES, which are merely following Setuptools policy
which is ALREADY DOCUMENTED, CODED AND DEPLOYED ON HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF
MACHINES AROUND THE GLOBE.  "Education" is not a solution when the problem has
already acquired these proportions.

And we already know you're a big -1.  You don't need to keep repeating it, you
have made it abundantly transparent that you do not understand the issue at
hand, nor have you provided a single line of code or even a workable
counterproposal, so it's pretty clear you're full of shit and you vote -1 for
bigotry rather than for valid engineering reasons.

Now go away.

To whoever has had the endurance to resist this continuous crapflood that this
Reno dude has been flooding us with: you have my admiration, but I won't
continue this pointless discussion anymore.  Do whatever you want with the
patches, they're yours to butcher, reject or accept, and I will continue
building more features (I have already proposed a new one in the python bug
tracker) -- I am not gonna let this troll break my stride.

Peace out.
--

	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	Rudd-O.com - http://rudd-o.com/

The famous politician was trying to save both his faces.