Django packages - proposed name changes

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Jan 24 14:14:57 UTC 2012

Am 24.01.2012 13:18, schrieb Bohuslav Kabrda:

> Hi,
> I think that you should follow the two guidelines that I mentioned in one of my previous mails: [1], [2].
>
> Therefore, you should use something like:
> Provides: django-debug-toolbar = %{version}-%{release}
> Obsoletes: django-debug-toolbar<  0.9.3-1
>
> And you should also throw in some comment about the change (maybe just a link to this thread, so that everyone will be able to find out why the changes took place). And again, let's leave it for the next Rawhide :)
>
> Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda
Should I have mentioned, this is a new package?

No need to provide something, which didn't exist earlier. But until the
name change finally took place, it is related, somehow.

During the big change I just would need to change requirements from
Django to python-django and I'm done. So I think it doesn't make sense
to create a package django-... today and get it reviewed in 4 weeks again.

Matthias