Python 3.3 in Fedora 18

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 21:53:20 UTC 2012

It's getting close to the Fedora 18 deadline, but Python 3.3 is in
feature freeze upstream, so I think we ought to try to get it into
Fedora 18

I've created this feature page for the bump of "python3" from 3.2 to
3.3:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_3.3

I've started work on packaging it.  My plan is to create "python3.3"
branches of all relevant packages within dist-git, and to test the
builds to try to sort out the bulk of the issues (scratch build of the
core python3 src.rpm, and then local builds on a rawhide vm).  Once
that's done and (hopefully) all the issues are resolved, we can apply
the changes to "master" and rebuild for real into Koji.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated!

Thoughts?

Dave