Introducing pyp2rpm - A python package to rpm specfile convertor

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Wed May 23 06:48:34 UTC 2012

On 05/23/2012 04:30 PM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, that makes sense - I hadn't really looked closely at pypi2rpm
until today (it had only been on my "learn more about this" list) so I
hadn't noticed the limitation. I'd previously tried using py2pack to
create SPEC files, and they required a lot of subsequent tweaking to
bring them up to something I considered acceptable (and that wasn't even
trying to get them up to full Fedora packaging standards).

Perhaps having "spec" or "srpm" in the name would make the difference
more obvious?

Regarding pyp2rpm itself, running "pip install pyp2rpm" (or
"easy_install pyp2rpm") on my Fedora 16 workstation gives me a traceback
with "RuntimeError: That compression method is not supported".

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane