Introducing pyp2rpm - A python package to rpm specfile convertor

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Wed May 23 06:30:39 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 23/05/12 08:16, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> > How does this compare to Tarek Ziade's existing pypi2rpm project?
> >
> > From a quick look, the main difference appears to be that pyp2rpm
> > creates a spec file only, while pypi2rpm creates the RPM directly.
> Pyp2rpm supports a packager to create an initial spec.
> Using pypi2rpm there's IMHO no way to get produced rpms into fedora.
> (because of missing srpm)
>
> If you don't care about that, I guess, pypi2rpm will be good enough.

Yes, it is exactly as Matthias says.

pyp2rpm is a tool for packager, it creates an rpm specfile, which is prefilled with the automatically extractable data.
pypi2rpm is a tool for user who wants to create binary rpms, but it can't produce specfile nor srpm in any form.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.