[Fedora Robotics] Robotics SIG update

Hedayat Vatankhah hedayatv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:28:17 UTC 2010

  Hi all,

/*Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com>*/ wrote on 08/25/2010 9:07:23 AM +0450:
>    On 8/24/2010 9:36 PM, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> [...]
> The discussions we had in IRC the last time we met about creating some
> sort of 'game' environment for Player and Stage fit right into the
> educational goals discussed above.  Tutorials and examples like Tim is
> suggesting would serve as a great jumping-off point for people to get
> started with robot programming.  The availability of Python bindings to
> Player is also a boon to the effort; Python is a very easy language to
> pick up, is script-able, and can even be used interactively in the shell
> to control a bot (if you can type fast enough!)  I'm happy to spend some
> time getting a plan together and running it by the rest of the Player
> devs, but I think that the goals of the SIG and upstream align quite a bit.
Nice to see some non-spam activity again ;)
I fully agree with having the demo program(s) inside the existing
upstream projects (or creating an upstream project), since I think it is
a better place to maintain such demos. As Tim said, the demo has many
areas to advance so it'll (hopefully) become a real project rather than
some few lines of code as a trivial package maintained by a package
maintainer.

I'll think about the questions Tim asked in the last part of his email
and answer later :P

Good luck,
Hedayat