[Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:28:02 UTC 2012

On 4 December 2012 16:15, Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 4 December 2012 16:08, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I see that there's a "metadata.xml" file inside the patch -- should that
>>> be copied somewhere useful?
>>

>> Of course I mean "manifest.xml" above.
>>
>> It should already be installed to /usr/share/pcl; then you should put
> /usr/share onto your ROS_PACKAGE_PATH.  You can test your installation by
> seeing if tools like rosstack resolve the pcl package.

The directory is actually /usr/share/pcl-1.6. I tried putting /usr/share on
the ROS_PACKAGE_PATH but "rosstack find pcl" still returns "Error:
stack/package pcl not found". I also tried creating a symlink
/usr/share/pcl -> pcl-1.6 but that didn't help. Is that rosstack command
line a good test?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278