Rubgem RPM problem?

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 13:40:07 UTC 2013

Dne 13.2.2013 13:56, Philip Rhoades napsal(a):
> Vít,
>

> On 2013-02-13 23:34, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Dne 13.2.2013 12:10, Philip Rhoades napsal(a):
>>> People,
>>>
>>> /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require':
>>> cannot load such file -- lib/miho.rb (LoadError)
>>>     from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
>>>     from ./shell.rb:4:in `<main>'
>>>
>>> The author has no problem with Ruby 1.9.3 on OS/X so I figure it is
>>> a problem with the conversion of the gems to rpms?
>>>
>>> I can work around the problem by putting the full path to the lib in
>>> the "require" line but it looks like something needs attention here?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
>>
>> What is this lib/miho.rb? Is it this [1] thing? Are you using recent
>> enough version? Since this commit [2] might solve your issues I would
>> say. And it has nothing to do with Fedora, it is Ruby 1.8 vs Ruby
>> 1.9.3 difference.
>

> Yes, that is what the app is and No, it did not fix the problem . .
> that is why I posted here . .
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil.

I did fresh clone and it works for me:

$ ./shell.rb
[Miho] Hello, how are you?
[You]

$ rpm -q ruby
ruby-1.9.3.374-27.fc18.x86_64

And since your back trace contains "from ./shell.rb:4:in `<main>'" where
the require is on 3rd line in the original source code, I doubt that you
are running the same code as in upstream repository.

Vít