[Fwd: [hercules-390] Re: Hercules Issues with Fedora 11 S390X]

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Dec 15 12:18:52 UTC 2009

Harold Grovesteen píše v Út 15. 12. 2009 v 05:54 -0600:

> Dan Horák wrote:
>
> >Harold Grovesteen píše v Pá 11. 12. 2009 v 10:26 -0600:
> >

> >>This was posted on the Hercules list by a fairly frustrated Hercules
> >>user.  Can anyone shed some light?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Harold Grovesteen

halfmeg was on CC, so he should receive the reply directly

> One question, when you finally have distribution media will you continue
> to build the pre-installed disk image?  That was useful to me.  Although
> I have not had much opportunity to work with it since, it got me
> started.  I was frustrated some time back when Debian ceased to build a
> disk image for Hercules.  Novell never did, nor did Centos, nor did
> RHEL.  I hope you will continue to provide at least a basic disk image
> for the Hercules community as a starter system.  That same system could
> be used on VM with the AWSUTIL packages of Hercules.

Yes, we will provide the pre-installed images because it's the simplest
way for people to step in. When I did the quite minimal installation of
RHEL 5.x in Hercules last time it took 5+ hours to complete IIRC. Plus
the fact that devices and network must be set correctly for a successful
installation it will really be better to distribute also the
pre-installed image.

Dan