[Fedora-spins] Change ntp sync servers in Spin BrOffice.org

Wolnei wolnei at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 25 19:47:32 UTC 2010

Hello,
One person of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee talked with me on
event, because they have a new Stratum1 ntp servers and he spoken with all
distributions with local versions to use them. I like this idea because is
more quickly synchronize with one ntp server here in Brazil then one outside
our country and i believe this will useful for our users.

One friend and I developed a way to do that with a post command in the
Kickstart file, but in a talk with the another maintainer of Spin
BrOffice.org, he told me than we can have problems with Spin Guidelines.

The solution than we propose is add this:

%post

if [ -f /etc/ntp.conf ]; then
    sed -i    -e 's/^server 0.fedora.*$/server a.st1.ntp.br/g' \
        -e 's/^server 1.fedora.*$/server c.st1.ntp.br/g' \
        -e 's/^server 2.fedora.*$/server d.st1.ntp.br/g' /etc/ntp.conf
else
    echo -en "server a.st1.ntp.br\nserver c.st1.ntp.br\nserver d.st1.ntp.br\n"
> /etc/ntp.conf
fi

%end

At the end of our kickstart file.

So, i need your help to find a way to add this improvement in our Spin, even
if we need to do it another way.

What do you think about it?

--
Wolnei Junior