[Fedora-spins] policy for systemd preset files for spins?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 9 16:21:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 15:10:12 -0400,
   Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  We want something like 80-fedora-cloud.preset, but how do we ensure that
>  '80' is the right number, and that it's okay to use "fedora-cloud" as the
>  name?
>
>  And, where should the contents of this file be stored and developed?

Right now one would probably do this in %post. In an image installed from
this live is supposed to keep the preset, then you'd copy it to the
appropriate space in the file system. You can also do the copy in the
livesys service, so that it only is there on the live image.

In the future were installing from live images isn't a copy, then things
will need to change.

If you are installing these outside of a package (such as in %post) then
they should go in /etc/systemd/system-preset/ .