[Fedora-spins] Spin ready for approval

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:24:55 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 07.01.2013, 11:48 -0600 schrieb Dennis Gilmore:

> Just to be very clear here, Release engineering will not be adding the
> spin to Fedora 18, Its way too late to do so.

I do understand it's too late and I as the spins wrangler take the
blame. I am just too busy with my dayjob that I cannot fulfill all my
duty as the spins wrangler.

But I wonder: How are we - the spins SIG - supposed to handle all the
work, or more importantly the coordination with other groups. Is there a
documented and reliable process to inform rel-eng what spins have to be
built? How to we request a spins.fedoraproject.org website? How can we
be sure the artwork gets done?

Sure, some teams use trac and one can file a ticket, but that is no
guarantee the work actually gets done. I recall the Fedora Security Lab
spin requested icons 2-3 years ago. Nothing has happened - except that a
design team member asked if it was ok to close the ticket.

The spins SIG does not have the power to do all this. And by power mean
both the manpower and a mandate. So what are we going to do about this?

Kind regards,
Christoph