[Fedora-spins] Spin ready for approval

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 04:55:24 UTC 2013

On 01/07/2013 10:24 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 07.01.2013, 11:48 -0600 schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
>
>> Just to be very clear here, Release engineering will not be adding the
>> spin to Fedora 18, Its way too late to do so.
>
> I do understand it's too late and I as the spins wrangler take the
> blame. I am just too busy with my dayjob that I cannot fulfill all my
> duty as the spins wrangler.
>
> But I wonder: How are we - the spins SIG - supposed to handle all the
> work, or more importantly the coordination with other groups. Is there a
> documented and reliable process to inform rel-eng what spins have to be
> built? How to we request a spins.fedoraproject.org website? How can we
> be sure the artwork gets done?
>
> Sure, some teams use trac and one can file a ticket, but that is no
> guarantee the work actually gets done. I recall the Fedora Security Lab
> spin requested icons 2-3 years ago. Nothing has happened - except that a
> design team member asked if it was ok to close the ticket.

The Spins process seems to be be fairly well documented with respect to
the role of wrangler, the board and the submitter. However, currently
this process falls down due to the fact that the Watch feature of the
fedoraproject wiki clearly does not work. Is this supposed to?

I would think the Spins process could be fairly well described in the
spins-kickstart trac from the submitters perspective. An extra field in
the ticket (Ready for Wrangler, Ready for SIG, etc) Was that the
original intention rather than using the wiki?

This creates another initial body of work (updating trac and editing all
the documentation).