[Fedora QA] #116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Aug 18 07:17:20 UTC 2010

#116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts
to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:  rhe
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Wiki      |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by kparal):

 Replying to [comment:10 adamwill]:
 > No packages on the split CD or DVD images that are in any way available
 for selection during an interactive install may conflict with each other.

 How do we check "available for selection"? We can't crawl through all the
 package lists to see whether a package is available for selection or not.

 Replying to [comment:9 jlaska]:
 > Are we now comfortable with allowing a prompt for package conflicts on
 the media for certain types of conflicts?

 I think when the conflicts are properly defined (that means using RPM
 Conflicts tag), there's nothing wrong with it. We should be able to have
 two mutually exclusive alternatives for some tool available on the media
 (why not?). The best user experience would be if anaconda displayed a
 warning dialog right away in custom package selection. But showing dialog
 after custom selection is complete is satisfactory too.

 Of course no package conflicts dialog should be shown for the pre-defined
 install groups (Desktop, Server, Minimal, etc). That should be covered in
 a test case.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/116#comment:11>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>