Announcing ProvenTesters Policy

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 19:00:45 UTC 2010

> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 16:20 -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I am happy to announce that we have finalized the ProvenTesters Policy.
> >
> > What are Proven Testers?
> > The Proven Testers are a dedicated group of the Fedora Quality
> > Assurance Community[0] who work towards making sure packages in the
> > Critical Path[1] are not broken in Fedora Branched[2].
> >
> > How do I join?
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters
> >
> > Gotchyas?
> > Well, the Proven Testers Mentoring will be a fluid concept for some
> > time as we learn from experiences so please bear with us as we start
> > down this journey.
>
> Awesome!

Agreed, thanks for driving Adam!  Exciting to see this coming together.

> So, now what do we do with the open mentor requests? Do we just split
> 'em and start accepting them?
>
> Have the previous 'qa' group members been grandfathered into the
> 'proventesters' FAS group yet?

Yes, all previously approved 'qa' members are now approved
proventesters.

We've also been accumulating group membership requests.  Are we ready to
start processing these requests?

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Proventester+Mentor+Request&order=priority

Thanks,
James