Fedora 14 Schedule

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 15:32:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 10:39 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> Apologies for the delayed response.
>
> On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 16:11 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> > I have created a detailed schedule for the QA team for Fedora 14 based
> > on the tasks from Fedora 13.  The contents of this schedule will also
> > drive the weekly schedule reminders this list gets about testing tasks.
> >   At one point there was discussion about adding specific test days to
> > the schedule.  I'm glad to help with that too.
>
> I'm 50/50 on adding test days into the official schedule.  Test day
> scheduling is still very dynamic in nature, so there could potentially
> be multiple schedule updates per week.
>
> Also, with exception of a handful of F13 events, my impression is that
> test day attendance was down.  I'm not yet clear on the cause, but some
> feedback suggests we could improve communication of the events.  I'm
> also curious whether we would benefit from focusing on fewer test days
> for Fedora 14.
>
> QA gang, any thoughts here?

I'm not big on putting the Test Days into that schedule, I think the
current system works fine from a scheduling POV.

I don't think having fewer Test Days would improve attendance. I think
people just show up to Test Days they're really personally interested
in, no matter how many there are. I don't think many people are thinking
'well, I'd come out to all the Test Day events, even ones I don't care
about, if there were fewer of them!' That's just my gut feeling, though.

I suspect if we do, say, a systemd Test Day for F14 it'd have quite good
attendance as it's a bit of a 'hot topic'.