how to debug NetworkManager ?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:43:01 UTC 2010

cornel panceac <cpanceac <at> gmail.com> writes:

> thank you, but i wanna make sure i understand what are you saying: because the
router provides only classless static routes, the client (NetworkManager)
defaults to 0.0.0.0, and that is the correct behaviour?

No, your kernel IP routing table is incomplete (the default router/gateway is
missing, as shown in your NM run documented in your next post I asked you to do).

Add "option routers ...' to your dhcp config, but leave for now in there
"option classless-static-routes ..." to test and see how NM will handle it.
If it can not handle both in there, remove  "option classless-static-routes ..."
and test again.
It is quite possible that NM is buggy and you hit it.
Just do it one step at a time.

Can you give us a display of your DHCP config file (check where you have it ...):
# cat /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
# cat /etc/dhcp/dhcpd6.conf
or describe it in any way possible what's in there ?

Btw, you have a sample of dhcpd.conf here on F14:
$ cat /usr/share/doc/dhcp-4.2.0/dhcpd.conf.sample

JB