how to debug NetworkManager ?

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:14:34 UTC 2010

2010/10/13 JB <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com>

> cornel panceac <cpanceac <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > thank you, but i wanna make sure i understand what are you saying:
> because the
> router provides only classless static routes, the client (NetworkManager)
> defaults to 0.0.0.0, and that is the correct behaviour?
> >

> No, your kernel IP routing table is incomplete (the default router/gateway
> is
> missing, as shown in your NM run documented in your next post I asked you
> to do).
>
> Add "option routers ...' to your dhcp config, but leave for now in there
> "option classless-static-routes ..." to test and see how NM will handle it.
> If it can not handle both in there, remove  "option classless-static-routes
> ..."
> and test again.
> It is quite possible that NM is buggy and you hit it.
> Just do it one step at a time.
>
> Can you give us a display of your DHCP config file (check where you have it
> ...):
> # cat /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
> # cat /etc/dhcp/dhcpd6.conf
> or describe it in any way possible what's in there ?
>
> Btw, you have a sample of dhcpd.conf here on F14:
> $ cat /usr/share/doc/dhcp-4.2.0/dhcpd.conf.sample
>
> JB
>

> thank you very much but, the router is the  dhcp server .... and (a section
of) the config is like in the attached picture. there is also another
section of this dhcp server which is automatically configured by the ISP,
and i do not have access to it. anyway, the blackbox-type analysis shows
that where dhclient and the-other-os-installed-on-this-computer can create
the routes, network manager can not.