Default F15 Artwork

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 17:59:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:45 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> I apologize if this has already been discussed but my google-fu and
> mailbox-search-fu aren't finding anything recent.
>
> What is supposed to be the default background on the desktop spin? At
> one point, I had the F15 artwork for GDM, grub gnome etc. [1] but the
> grub background seems to be the only one installed by default with Beta
> RC2. All I have is the default 'stripes' background for GDM and Gnome.
>
> Was this changed? If so, was the change to remove the fedora artwork
> from a default install intentional?

It's been the intention all along that at least the Desktop spin will
get the stripes artwork (which is actually a subtle compromise between
the F15 theme and the upstream stripes, IIRC - it's got a little birdy
in it), as requested by the desktop team in that big brouhaha a while
back. The fact that we were getting the 'pure' F15 artwork in the
desktop spin for a while was actually a bug.

I'm not entirely clear on what's supposed to happen if you install from
the DVD, I don't know which artwork you're 'meant' to get in that case
(and indeed if design and desktop teams agree on that...) I know for
sure that if you use a non-desktop live image, or pick a desktop other
than GNOME for a DVD or network install, you're meant to get the F15
artwork.