Default F15 Artwork

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:32:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:45:09 -0600
Tim Flink wrote:

> I apologize if this has already been discussed but my google-fu and
> mailbox-search-fu aren't finding anything recent.
>
> What is supposed to be the default background on the desktop spin? At
> one point, I had the F15 artwork for GDM, grub gnome etc. [1] but the
> grub background seems to be the only one installed by default with
> Beta RC2. All I have is the default 'stripes' background for GDM and
> Gnome.
>
> Was this changed? If so, was the change to remove the fedora artwork
> from a default install intentional?
>
> Tim
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork

Well, for gnome (and gdm) you should get the picture in 'Wallpaper
(GNOME)' section on that page you mentioned. It's set via
'desktop-backgrounds-gnome' package, if that's not installed on Desktop
Spin than the comps should be adjusted... AFAIK on GNOME you can get
only upstream default or the stripes with bird as default wallpaper,
the F15 "proper default" is available only as optional wallpaper via
lovelock-backgrounds-gnome package (just as for other DEs the striped
one is available via lovelock-backgrounds-stripes-{kde,xfce} packages).

I hope my explanation makes sense :D

Cheers,
Martin