F15 blocker? lvm-monitor of snapshot hangs at reboot/shutdown

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 18:10:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 10:03 -0400, James Laska wrote:

> But that's a bit open to interpretation.  For example, it could be said
> (I think I even did) that reboot/shutdown does work, it just takes
> forever.  Anyone else think it would be worthwhile to adjust the Beta
> criteria to something like ...
>
>         "The desktop's offered mechanisms (if any) for shutting down,
>         logging out and rebooting must work and perform the intended
>         function in a reasonable time."

That's against the original intention of the criterion: the criterion is
one of the set that came in from the desktop team, and they specifically
wanted it to be about whether the desktop is able to trigger the action
correctly, not whether the action actually completes successfully.
That's not to say that we might not want to change it, but we could
perhaps split it up, and it's something worth taking note of.