Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Apr 28 03:40:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 19:24:16 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well, sounds like you have your case sorted, but it doesn't really bear
> on the question? The question is what setup would be more familiar to an
> established GNOME 2 user than GNOME 3, and I don't think a customized
> fvwm session would be =)

I'm finding fallback mode to work pretty well. The main difference now is
that before I used a mix of desktop and panel icons, and now I am just
using panel icons. My desktop otherwise looks and works the same as
it did in F14 for my normal workflow.

I still want to figure out how to customize gdm, but I don't spend much
time there, so it isn't a big deal.

This is a nice way to delay making a decision between gnome 3 and other
desktop environments.