How do I add startup programs in Gnome 3?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 00:13:01 UTC 2011

Dear folks,

I took the plunge to Gnome 3 and although I am playing around, I wish to add some of the old functionality like there was before, i.e, add a starting up script, in the old way one would open gnome session and add the program/script to run at bootup, now the same cannot be applied.

I want to add GKrellM system monitor.  ATM I use a terminal and type
$ gkrellm &
or run it from the applications(System -> GKrellM), but I want to see if it can run without me typing it in?

TIA,

Antonio

[students at E213-299 Downloads]$ uname -a
Linux E213-299 2.6.38.1-6.fc15.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Mar 23 22:43:31 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux