[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Thu May 5 18:21:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 04 May 2011 11:33:44 -0400, James Laska wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 20:43 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> Certainly, if you aren't interested in contributing to the more rigorous
> test matrix, the next best thing is to speak up on the list, as you've
> done.  Thanks!

	Even if I had the time, it would take me months or years of study
to become able to follow at that level, alas! But I'm glad to do what I
can without that.

>> 	If my odd case is of sufficient remaining interest for anyone to
>> want to walk me through the updating process, I'll be happy to report
>> on any tests I can make. If not, no reply required.
>
> I believe that issue is already reported and fixed.  The only remaining
> issue concerns making sure that the *fixed* package is available on your
> mirror and used during your upgrade.  Be sure your mirror includes
> mutter-3.0.1-3.fc15 [1] which resolves bug#700276.

	That has certainly been reported, yes. But rpm -q currently
reports that version, both over ssh to another machine on my LAN, and
under KDE4 on the problem machine, both of which I've been updating with.

	However, I still get the unhappy computer saying "Oh, No!" when I
try to log in directly with the userid which was working before
preupgrade.

	It's a surrogate for my original userid, which now gets only an
error about .ICEauthority, whatever that is, as does the third userid for
my wife, when logging in direct y.

	The original userid now gets a new message remotely, btw, though
it does get in :

Last login: Sun May  1 13:07:19 2011 from 192.168.y.xxx
/usr/bin/xauth:  timeout in locking authority file /home/btth/.Xauthority
[btth at Hbsk1 ~]$