My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Tue May 31 15:10:44 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 10:37 PM, Pasha R wrote:
> Yes, I am. Some people suddenly force me to either change distribution
> or to lose access to many functions I found useful and essential,

Hi!

I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. GNOME 3.0 is a .0
release and thus bleeding edge. One would expect to still have some
rough edges and feedback is helping to drive 3.2 priorities.

I think keeping F14 until the next cycle is also a very acceptable
solution, as everybody seemed to agree that the 2.3x releases were very
polished. Then when F16 is out you can definitely give it another try. I
personally find upgrading every 6 months a bit of an hassle for 'work
only' machines and often unnecessary, especially if you're looking for
stability.

I hope you'll find my advice useful for your specific use case.

Fred