off to a nostart F18B start

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 04:25:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-30 23:21 (GMT-0500) Felix Miata composed:

> Getting to the initial GUI seemed to take forever. Once there, I started at
> what seemed to be the beginning, upper left of the block of stuff in the
> middle, expecting to have to tell Anaconda the PC clock is set local. Once in
> time configuration, I find not only is there no apparent way to set clock to
> local time, Anaconda thinks no NTP server is configured even though it seemed
> to agree with my specification of us.pool.ntp.org, and there is a way to exit
> time configuration. What's the trick to getting out of time config?
> Oooohhhhhhhhhh, it's top left. Is there any other UI on the planet where
> where a done or OK button is at the upper left?

> Next, installation destination: it shows my HD with model number. I click it,
> but nothing apparent happens. Oooohhhhhhhh, down at the botton below a desert
> of whitespace, in mousetype, each click of the image alternately selects and
> deselects several naked words instead of anything that obviously has anything
> to do with the task at hand. So finally I figure out how to select a
> partition, and when done specifying mount point and filesystem, the _prior_
> partition has been set to / instead of the one I chose, and there's no way to
> undo it!!!

> At this point, Anaconda locked up, but I was able to goto tty2 and reboot.

Forgot to mention, pretty much everything is about 2/3 the size it needs to
be in Anaconda. I found that *quoted* resolution on cmdline makes the ttys
acceptable, but Anaconda thinks it's OK to ignore that. What's needed on
cmdline to make Anaconda's text legible?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/