[Test-Announce] Election Results for FAmSCo, FESCo, and Fedora Board seats

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:54:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 02:40:54 -0500 (EST), Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> The elections for the Fedora Board, Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo), and Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo) have concluded, and the results are IN! and can be seen below.
>>

> This came in as a surprise. So, once again I've missed an election, :-/
> and I've done some searching to find out why. Has there been an
> announcement and where? I've started searching in the test-announce archives:
>
> | http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test-announce/2012-November/date.html
> |
> | [Test-Announce] Fedora Board, FAmSCo, FESCo Election Season, and Fedora Board Appointment.   Robyn Bergeron
> |
> | [Test-Announce] Fedora 19 release name voting   Robyn Bergeron
>
> The "Fedora 19 release name voting" announcement is short and to the point.
> It immediately starts with the important part that "Voting ... has begun",
> then the details and direct links to the Fedora Elections System.
> This announcement has not gone unnoticed. I've taken part in that
> election.
>
> On the contrary, the announcement from Nov 7 starts with referring to
> a "nomination period", _no_ concrete dates, _no_ links to the election
> system, and a lot of text in an attempt to squeeze everything into a
> single mail. Is that the announcement I've missed or which I should
> have read more carefully?
>
> Same on devel-announce list:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2012-November/date.html
>
> Could this be fixed for future elections?
> The "Fedora 19 release name voting" message is fine, in particular its
> subject is concise. The other one is a confusing mess. IMHO.

On the main Fedora announce list it was posted with the subject of
"Fedora 19 elections: Voting is now open!" [1] I'm not sure it can get
any clearer than that. The first four referenced links in the email
were to the voting.

There was also a number of posts to the Fedora planet about the voting
and it was mentioned in a number of other forums too.

How else do you suggest we improve it?

Peter

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-December/003124.html