[Test-Announce] Election Results for FAmSCo, FESCo, and Fedora Board seats

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:54:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:54:40 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On the main Fedora announce list it was posted with the subject of
> "Fedora 19 elections: Voting is now open!" [1] I'm not sure it can get
> any clearer than that.

Agreed.

That message was not posted to the other -announce lists, however.
That's an inconsistency that could be removed for future announcements.

Why would the results of the elections be considered more important
than the actual elections? As to announce the results on multiple
list but not the actual election.

> The first four referenced links in the email
> were to the voting.

As you could conclude, the mail I referred to was NOT the announcement
of the elections. It's from Nov 7th. The one you refer to is from Dec 3rd!

> There was also a number of posts to the Fedora planet about the voting
> and it was mentioned in a number of other forums too.
>
> How else do you suggest we improve it?

Make a definition where elections get announced and use the words
"voting" or "election" in the subject line.
Mention it on: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
Be sure to announce an election on devel-announce, too, or which list
was the one for Fedora Contributors that was mandatory to subscribe to?
In either case, agree on where to announce elections.

> Peter
>
> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-December/003124.html

I'm subscribed to fedora-announce, but with a different account/address, and
I couldn't find the message locally.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.9-4.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.16 0.13 0.14